Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Samsung RS2630SH/XAA side by side Fridge from 2006

Customer Question

I have a Samsung RS2630SH/XAA side by side Fridge from 2006 and it is having Defrosting issue. There is Frost on the back side of the the Freezer and The Evap Coils get iced up after two three days and the fridge section stops getting cold and milk etc gets bad. I have to manually defrost the evap coils using Blower and then restart the fridge. I called in a technician and he checked the sensors on the freezer side and they looked good to him. looks like an issue with Defrosting
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Samsung RS2630SH/XAA side by side Fridge from 2006
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I was looking for Dave in SC Home Appliance technician to help me on this issue
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

Check the heater for continuity often that one the heater would burn out can you test that?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
A technician came and checked the components on the freezer side and he said the resistance of the sensor components and heater looked good
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is there a way I can force a defrost cycle on this fridge, that can test out the heater element too

Not really on that unit, test the defrost circuit right at the control boards CN71 connector...CLICK HERE FOR TEST

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
CLICK HERE FOR TEST This link in your last reply is not working. Please fix that link. Can you please provide some details of tests that I can do on control board. Also you please suggest possible parts along with part # ***** that I can use to order online and replace on the fridge to fix this issue.

Sorry about that I cut off my own link:)

CLICK HERE