John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Ge space saver washer not agitating or spinning

Customer Question

ge space saver washer not agitating or spinning
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

To be clear, the washer does drain and fill correct? Also, can I get the full model number located on a sticker below the lid or behind the control panel?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The model is Gtup270em4ww GE Soacesaver apartment stacked typewasher and dryer. The machine was running out of balance. When I got home there was a litter water left in the tub but it will not spin or agitate.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I tried to reset the machine by unplugging it and then plugging it in and opening the lid and closing it 6 times in 12 seconds
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
GE Spacesaver I miss typed
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Can you take the front off to get at the motor?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is this a direct drive unit?? Please explain what you want me to check. What issue are you leaning towards?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Before I take the front cover off can you send a schematic of the machine? Do you have experience withy this particular GE Model?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
FYI Model Number: GTUP270EM4WW

Yes I have a ton of experience with this machine do you want the service manual for it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you email me a pdf?

I can link it to you just click on the offer for it

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I found one free.

ok no problem