Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I HAVE A SAMSUNG REFRIGERATOR MODEL NUMBER RF32FMQDBSR THE

Customer Question

I HAVE A SAMSUNG REFRIGERATOR MODEL NUMBER RF32FMQDBSR THE FREEZER PART IS WORKING BUT THE REFRIGERATOR IS NOT COOLING. WHAT MIGHT BE THE PROBLEM? PLEASE HELP!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

This model uses a separate cooling coil in each section. If you feel the back wall in the refrigerator, is it cold? Can you hear a fan running in the refrigerator section?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Kally, the the back wall is not cold is at room temperature and I can hear the fan running in the refrigerator section.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

That is not good. You have a sealed system issue that will require specialized tools and training and will be an expensive repair (around $300 + parts). You will need to call for service.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok so what in the sealed system is the problem?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

It is probably low on refrigerant or an issue with the valve that controls the flow of refrigerant.