Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a hot point dryer model number HTDX100EM1WW When I

Customer Question

I have a hot point dryer model number HTDX100EM1WW
When I push the button to start the dryer it hums
I had an extra dryer switch and replace that and it still does the same thing what could it be what should I look at next
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

If the dryer just hums when you press the start button, it means that the motor is getting power and not turning over. Make sure the dryer drum isn't jammed for some reason. If the drum rotates, then your motor itself needs to be replaced I'm sorry to say. Below is a link to the main drive motor you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for motor

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?