Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

KSSS42QDX05 Had this refigerator since it is new. Now it is

Customer Question

KSSS42QDX05 Had this refigerator since it is new. Now it is breaking down. It wont make ice, now and wont keep cold.
The problem stems from a part that service cannot buy. It is a part that regulates the temp between the refrig and the freezer. It is in back of the refrigerator in the top left. Now we just put a piece of cardboard there to regulate the temperature.
If I had a skeematic I would be able to point out the part.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

you must be referring to the air baffle/damper. click here for image of diagram

The damper opens and closes depending on the temperature of the refrigerator and is controlled electronically. Without that damper opening and closing properly there is not way to properly control the temperature of the unit. The part number is ***** #:(###) ###-####/p>

This part is no longer available through the original manufacturer. No authorized substitutions have been identified.

This part is no longer being made by the manufacturer therefore it can no longer be purchased and is no longer available for sale anywhere.

This is a unfortunate situation, you may try and look on ebay every so often to see if a used one gets listed, I have already looked and there are no listings so at this point you may want to consider purchasing a new unit as that one will never work properly without that part.

*******************************************************************************

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.