Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Kenmore electric oven. When turning it on recently,

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore electric oven. When turning it on recently, I guess I pushed to hard and the panel with the clock got pushed way in. I couldn't put it back in place; it is "out" of the box where it belongs, but it still worked. But last night, I heard a couple loud popping sounds and the clock went dark; therefore, my oven doesn't work. Do I need to buy a new oven or should I call Sears to have a repairman come and fix the clock?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

It's hard to know exactly what shorted out, but potentially you're looking at a shorted clock. Possibly one of the wires just pushed back form the board and tripped the breaker or something like that, but if your board is shorted it would be about $250-400 to have repaired. I'm not sure if that's worth fixing or not. It's a tough call to make but I'd try to see if anything is heating at all and if not then possibly the breaker just got partially tripped and the board just need to be remounted properly and the breaker reset. Otherwise it's a rather expensive repair.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?