Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Gas stove top will not stop clicking

Customer Question

Gas stove top will not stop clicking
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

If the unit will not stop clicking one of the switches behind the burners is stuck closed. Each burner has a switch mounted on the shaft. The switch closes when you turn the shaft to the light position with the knob. If a switch goes bad or gets grease in it the switch will not open when you turn the burner off, this will make the unit keep clicking since it is powering the spark module. You can try to take apart the trim to get at the switches and clean them out with an air duster can or some electronic cleaner. You would have to try and narrow down the bad one with a volt ohm meter or by unplugging a wire to each one until it stops. If you can not get the switch to open you will need to replace the burner switch to fix it in the end, some are sold by themselves and others as a kit depending on the model.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!