Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a ge zdis150 ice marker. it has power to it, the

Customer Question

i have a ge zdis150 ice marker. it has power to it, the clean function works (and has recently been cleaned) but the 'on' button is unresponsive when pressed.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

It does noting when set to on no functions at all correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Correct, in fact, when i press the 'on' button i get no response and no light. Yet I have lights for both the 'off' and 'clean' buttons

Then I would say the control is bad, likely the switch for ON is bad. Part #303 at this link

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is it easy for a non-expert to remove the cover and replace the 'on' button? Will there be instructions in the parts kit?

Yes there are just a couple screws that hold the console in place that screw it to the ceiling then it will drop down enough to get the switch out and put it in, it is not that bad at all.