Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I am in the process of cleaning my ice maker and it flashes

Customer Question

Hi I am in the process of cleaning my ice maker and it flashes add cleaner - I have already added cleaner and two bottles of water - cant seem to get it to actually start the clean cycle
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The machine indicated it needed cleaned and a new filter - I turned it off and it has been a few weeks and today I put in a new filter and drained the container then replaced the plug and put cleaner in and two bottles of water in container and it blinks that I need to add cleaner
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

What is the make and model?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Kitchen Aid KUIC18NNZS K41524657

Once you press Clean it should blink and you should hear the pump start running do you not hear that?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it blinks add cleaner but I don't hear it doing anything when I close the door

OK was it working fine before this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I started over and fiddled around it I - unplugging and plugging it back in and I got it going

Great yeah I was just going to say you could try that but the recirculating pump could be giving you issues. I have that exact one right now with a bad relay on the board for that issue. If I kept messing with it the relay contact would work yours may be going bad...but wait until the pump stops before changing the board.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!