John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Oven stays warm after shutting off. Have to disconnect power

Customer Question

oven stays warm after shutting off. Have to disconnect power to turn it off. Tried replacing oven control board, but the replacement that was supposed to be compatible was wired differently, so that the timer button and the coo, button were reversed, and the oven still seemed to stay warm after shutting off, so I put the old one back in.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Checked the elements for continuity and they both checked out ok, though they both showed to be connected to ground if I left the wires plugged up, but not when I disconnected them, so I don't think they are shorted out.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

What is the make and complete model off the units tag?