Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

When I open the mirowave door it starts running. : That's

Customer Question

When I open the mirowave door it starts running.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: That's it. The mirowave oven works properly, bu when you open the door it come on again and shuts off when you close the door. It starts properly when you start it normally.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: That covers it Pretty simple.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good morning! My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your microwave today. Do you happen to have a model number located on a sticker just inside the microwave cavity when you open the door so that I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Whirlpool MT4155SPS-5
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So unfortunately this means that one of your door switches has failed. There are 3 door switches and usually the bottom one is the one that fails, but you'd need to remove the outer shell of the microwave and test the switches to know for certain which switch is bad. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to test the actual door switches inside your microwave to know which one to replace. Now access on your microwave is completely different however. You will need to remove 1 screw coming in from the right and left side toward the bottom. Then remove the screws coming in from the back of the microwave along the top, right and left edges. Once all the screws are removed, the entire outer shell will pull straight back, up, and off so that you can test the switched through the right side of the microwave.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.