Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I am cleaning my build in GE profile oven and the F2 alarm

Customer Question

I am cleaning my build in GE profile oven and the F2 alarm is going off. How can I make it stop!!!!???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

The error code “F2” will be displayed along with a beeping sound if the ERC (Electronic Range Control) or “clock” senses a runaway heat condition during the “cook” or the “clean” modes. It could be caused by the oven temperature sensor, by the ERC or by the wire harness between the oven temperature sensor and the ERC. If the error code “F2” is displayed in the “cook” or “clean” modes only, then the problem is a bad oven temperature sensor or its wire harness. If the error code “F2” is displayed in the time of the day mode also, then most likely a problem is the bad ERC. The access to the oven temperature sensor plug and the wires is from the back only. You have to pull the oven out of the wall (if it’s free standing) or remove it from the cabinet (if it’s built in). Disconnect the power and remove the rear cover. Check the resistance across the oven temperature sensor. It is supposed to be about 1100 Ohms at room temperature. If the resistance is incorrect, the oven temperature sensor is bad and needs to be replaced. If not, check all the wires from the oven temperature sensor to the ERC. If it is not the sensor and wires, you have to replace the ERC.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!