Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I can't get to the model number at the moment, but have a

Customer Question

I can't get to the model number at the moment, but have a Duet Front Loading washer. Lately, there has been an abundance of water collecting in the front gasket that requires mopping with a towel before starting another load. Do you have any idea?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I am aware of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

There is a small drain at the bottom of the gasket that is plugged. If you open the door and access the area in that boot, you will see three small holes that should be allowing the water to drain back into the tub. Use a toothbrush or similar, just nothing sharp, to clean those holes and you should restore drainage.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!