Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I NEED HELP. MY THERMADOR OVEN, MODEL #cmt 23101 IS

Customer Question

I NEED HELP. MY THERMADOR OVEN, MODEL #cmt 23101 IS SIGNIFICANTLY OVERHEATING. EVERY FOOD THAT WE PUT IN OVEN BURNS IN JUST A FEW MINUTES. WE BOUGHT A NEW THERMOMETER TODAY AND ONE OF MY FAMILY MEMBERS TOLD ME THAT THE TEMP MEASURED WAS 300 DEGREES ABOVE WHAT WE DESIRED!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately if the oven is off by that much, there isn't much you can do with an old oven like this. The thermostat is going to need to be replaced, there is no adjustment that can be made for anything more than 35 degrees out of range. The thermostat part number you need is 00486945 but it hasn't been made in years so unless you keep searching on Ebay and waiting for one to pop up, it may be time for a new wall oven. I understand that this isn't what you wanted to hear but when manufactures stop making parts it's hard to get around it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.