Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My jenn-air microwave door will no close no tension in the

Customer Question

my jenn-air microwave door will no close no tension in the door hooks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your microwave today. DO you happen to have a model number located on a sticker just inside the door way so I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Alright so on this model the big problem is this door isn't designed to come apart and parts inside aren't sold separately. The plastic hook key has a spring attached to the back of it which connects to the frame of the door to provide tension in the hooks. It sounds like one of the anchor points broke or the spring broke. Either way the door isn't really designed to come apart, you can try and below is a video on the process of how you take microwave doors in general apart, but it may not come apart since it's not designed to come apart. Also, the spring would either need to be matched up with one at a hardware store or you may have to drill a new hold to create a new anchor point if you do get it apart. The only other option is the option that Jenn-Air intended for and that's to replace the entire door which is about $250-300. I'm really sorry about the bad news.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.