John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Kenmore upright energy star can't find serial or model no.

Customer Question

Kenmore upright energy star can't find serial or model no. Purchased in 2011. Power loss and that light was on so pressed alarm reset then temp display. Now flashing F and can't get temp to reset.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Freezer was off electric for about 5 minutes. the little light by power loss was on and I pressed the alarm reset button and then temp reset thinking that would reset the freezer. When that didn't work I unplugged it for 30 seconds and still have the flashing blue F followed by -p in the digital reout window.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of now. Have had no trouble with this freezer but shouldn't for its age. I can't find the phamplet that came with the freezer.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your freezer today. DO you happen to have the model number located on a sticker somewhere inside the freezer so I can better assist you?