Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Miele dishwasher is beeping in the middle of the cycle

Customer Question

My Miele dishwasher is beeping in the middle of the cycle and showing F13 Error message
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Miele dishwasher - F13 error message
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good morning! My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dishwasher today. This error you're getting means there is no water coming into the dishwasher. Make sure you have water getting to the fill hose of your dishwasher from your house itself under the sink. If so, then start a cycle and see if any water is going into the dishwasher before the error occurs. If you're not getting any water you need to replace the dishwasher fill hose because there are solenoids inside this hose that open and close to allow water into the dishwasher. Apparently the valves are not opening if you're not getting any water inside the dishwasher.

Now if you are getting water in the dishwasher and it's a false error, you'll need to replace the intake assembly on the side of your dishwasher (dishwasher must be uninstalled). This intake assembly has a flow meter built int it so if it doesn't sense water flow or isn't reading properly it will trigger the F13 error.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
where do I find the fill hose to figure out whether water is going in or not. the dishwasher appears to be wet but I'm not sure if that is from now or from a previous load. Also, I recently changed the water filters for that sink. Could this have anything to do with this?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

You would follow the hose from your dishwasher over to wherever it connects under your sink. And possibly changing the filters could have caused the issue but I couldn't say. Maybe you didn't turn one of the valves back on after turning it off to allow water to go to the dishwasher? It may also be unrelated.