Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My 2012 model number JVM1540DM5WW just quit working /no

Customer Question

My 2012 model number JVM1540DM5WW just quit working /no power. Whats the problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceman25 replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** see if we cant figure out what is wrong with your microwave.
Were you using the unit at the time of failure?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it was working then quit.
Expert:  applianceman25 replied 5 months ago.

So if the light is out and the screen is also out the main fuse is blown inside the unit. Usually due to just a bad door switch but could be other problems but worth a look for just the $10 door switch. Please let me know if you would like to proceed with diagnosing the unit?

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Have you checked the bus fuse in the unit?

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.