Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We are unable to put oven door back on to our range

Customer Question

we are unable to put oven door back on to our range
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your oven today. Unfortunately this is going to be a bit of a task to force the hinges open so you can lock them out properly to re-install the door. Since the door is uninstalled, lay it down on a soft towel face down. Then put a block of wood in the palm of your hand and place it over top of the hinge. You need to force the hinge straight down (the block of wood is so the hinge doesn't cut into your hand when pushing down so hard). Force the hinge open all the way and then flip up the locking tab to lock the hinge out in that position. Be sure to lock both hinges out and then you can re-install the door at about a 30 degree angle. Open the door all the way up and then flip the locking tabs down on both hinges. Then you can close the door like normal again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.