Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My boat fridge does not work while under way on DC power.

Customer Question

My boat fridge does not work while under way on DC power. Works wonderfully on shore power.
Any suggestions to look at to fix this problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

I suspect there may be a fuse that has opened or the 12 volt element has failed.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't have that handy at the moment. My boat is at the lake and I'm unfortunately at home. Can I get that to you at a later time and we continue the conversation then
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Of course, just reply right back here and we can pick right up where we left off. There is no time limit or hurry at all. Thank you!