Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a stove top Model AKDH6E, Serial: 9610282693. After

Customer Question

We have a stove top Model AKDH6E, Serial:(###) ###-#### ***** thousands of wonderful meals the writing is almost totally worn off all the control switches. We would like to replace the control buttons, however I can't seem to find them anywhere. They have been out of production for several years. Are there control knobs from other models in production that will fit and have the correct heat level markings on them?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

So unfortunately there are no exact replacement knobs for your unit, however there are universal kits which you can pick up to replace your knobs. Like the KN002 kit. You just put the correct insert inside the knob, then put the written bezel on the knob and you're good to go again. Here is what the kit looks like attached below. You can search the internet to order the kit, but I know it's sold up in Canada as well. Just type in KN002 and search google and it should come up all over since it's a universal kit for situations like this.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.