Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My 3 yr old kenmore top loading washing machine keeps

Customer Question

my 3 yr old kenmore top loading washing machine keeps cycling after it completes a cycle. rinse, drain and spin all work correctly, but it keeps repeat cycling unless I am there to stop it. Any thoughts on why that is happening?
Submitted: 4 months ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your washer today. Do you have a model number so I can better assist you and see what might cause this? Attached below is a picture of where the model should be located.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Kenmore, top loading washer, model #11025102K310, purchased in 2013
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Perfect, thank you. The only thing that can cause this issue is the control board. Try unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to see if the logic inside the control board will reset. If not then the control board inside the control panel will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model number. Unfortunately it's about $200.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?