Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

We have a built in dual oven. The bottom oven latchis in the

Customer Question

We have a built in dual oven. The bottom oven latchis in the locked position and the door will not shut completely. How do we get the latch back to the unlocked position?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Around the top of the oven opening is the plunger for the door switch. Push that in and keep it held in. With that plunger held in the whole time, set the oven to a clean cycle and start it. Allow about 90 seconds to pass and then press cancel. Be sure to keep the door switch plunger held in the entire time. Once the latch moves to the unlocked position and the screen shows it is unlocked, you should be good to go. Let me know what happens.