Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

MY GE FREEZER MODLE FUF17SVCRWW DOOR LIGHT AND ALARM IS ON.

Customer Question

MY GE FREEZER MODLE FUF17SVCRWW DOOR LIGHT AND ALARM IS ON. THE FREEZER WORKS FINE.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Good morning! My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your freezer today. If the light stays on then it means that the unit thinks the door isn't closing which is why the alarm turns on. You'll need to close the door and peel back the door seal to see if the light inside is on. If the light is on, replace the door switch around the front frame of the freezer because it's not cutting power. If the light is off when the door is closed, your display board is just acting up so try to unplug the unit for 5 minutes and if the issue comes back, replace the display board. Below is a link to both parts.

CLICK HERE for door switch

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.