Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My LG top load washer lid won't lock, error code dE. The

Customer Question

Hi, my LG top load washer lid won't lock, error code dE. The switch engages and retracts 3 times before error code is thrown. I've replaced the lid switch assembly and the symptoms are the same. Any ideas? Hopefully it is not a board issue.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: its only 2 years old. Model # *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

The DE code is a DOOR ERROR, if the lid won't lock on the unit you will need to replace the lid lock they go bad very often on that unit here is a link to a video to show you how to do it.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've already replace this part and still have the same problem. My LG washer is different than the one in the video, and uses lid switch assembly part # ***** There is a lid lock detection sensor, part 6601EA2001P that plugs into the new switch assembly. It is the same configuration as LG washer model wtWT4801CW shown here: http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/F1108023-00001.png. For some reason, the parts diagram for my model WT1201CW only shows the switch assembly and not the sensor plugged in.

They had some model lookup issues have you tried to order the other one that looks like yours?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It would be easier if we did this over the phone to eliminate any confusion. I received the correct part and installed it. Same issue is occurring
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my model also has another part that detects if the lid is closed or not. This part plugs into the lid lock assembly that I replaced.

Then the only thing that could cause that is a bad board, the board has to be defective and is not seeing the lid lock closing. That is really all it can be if the wiring is good.

Your payment failed for a phone call

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just received a fraud alert from Amex - they declined based on fraud risk
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my question is, other than the board, could it be the other part that detects if the lid is closed or not? The one that plugs into the lid lock switch assembly. Strange thing is, it does detect the lid being closed because i can press start and the lid lock switch closes and open until the dE code is thrown. If I press start with the lid open, It immediately throws a dE
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I didn't replace this part

No nothing else could cause that issue you need a new board 100%