Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We have Samsung fridge with barn doors on top and freezer on

Customer Question

We have Samsung fridge with barn doors on top and freezer on the bottom. There is ice accumulating under the meat drawer. We've melted it and removed it several times in the past month. The first time we noticed it was when the ice built up enough to overflow the small recess under that drawer and started to melt and drip down to the floor following the rubber seal of the freezer drawer. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This is actually a very common issue with your refrigerator and the water is accumulating under the deli drawer at the bottom of the refrigerator because the drain line is backing up. If you look at part number 97 in the diagram below, this is the part you need to remove so that you can see the silver evaporator and the drain trough below it. Pull all the drawers out and remove this panel. Pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. If you don't have compressed air, use a turkey baster to make sure the drain line is clear and draining properly.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This sounds like a reasonable solution to the problem. I won't be able to tear into it until tomorrow. I'm happy to pay for the advice but won't be able to rate the service until completion. Thanks, Norm
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

alright, good luck

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I've got the fridge torn apart. Food is on the counter getting warm. Feeling stressed and rushed. Unable to get Part 97 from the diagram off of the back wall of the fridge. I've taken three screws from the bottom and two longer ones from the central bracket. Panel in still firmly affixed to the back wall. Ideas?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

It's likely just frozen from ice behind it so you may need to heat it up with a hair dryer for awhile.