Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

How are you? the cooling off message is on my whirlpool

Customer Question

hi how are you? the cooling off message is on my whirlpool fridge:(
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: awesome thank you!!
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: well it seems that the power is on but it has actually stopped cooling...the unit is a few years old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you! yes please hold just a moment
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
GI6farxxy02
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

On that model, there is a button that is marked Refrigeration Cooling Off. Press and hold that button. Does it then turn on?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
issue is resolved no longer need assistance thank you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Thank you!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!