Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a 10 year old LG front loading electric clothes

Customer Question

I have a 10 year old LG front loading electric clothes dryer. It stopped working recently. I have now replaced the hard-to-turn rollers and drive belt, but the drum will not turn unless I give it a push. Someone said that's a capacitor/condenser problem, but i'm looking for advice. zI'm thinking it could be the motor. Model is LG DLE5977B
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: not that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

When it will not start on its own, does the motor just sit and hum/buzz?

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

If so, the motor will indeed need to be replaced. The video at the link below will show you how to replace it!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.