Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My maytag washer is the biggest piece of I've ever owned!!

Customer Question

My maytag washer is the biggest piece of crap I've ever owned!! I'm constantly getting an E2-F9 error code. I've removed the front bottom cover and have cleaned out the strainer in the drain. It will do one or two loads and then the error codes appear. Now it won't drain or do anything.
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's less than 2 years old and it's a series 2000.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Huh?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I'm confused over why a piece of crap company like Lowes would sell a piece of crap piece of equipment like this. I'm also a little confused over why a 2 year old appliance isn't working.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your washer today. So the error code definitely means you have a drain issue. If you have already tried to clean out the drain catch and you still have issues, you'll need a multimeter to test power down at the drain pump before the error code appears. If you don't have 110 volts going to the drain pump between the 2 wires, then replace the main control board in the front right corner of the washer under the top panel. It's mounted to the right side wall. If you do have 110 volts, then your drain pump just needs to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?