Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Model ajcs10dcm1 room air conditioner,fan is cracked _how do

Customer Question

Model ajcs10dcm1 room air conditioner,fan is cracked _how do you remove fan from shaft. Cap nut came off but fan hub is a funny rubber bushing with washer. There is a large plastic cap with 5 shallow holes like a face spanner wrench may be needed? Replacement fan has just a straight hole with broached flat to drive fan off a flat on shaft. GE built 11/99 ,I have pic to send if you have forwarding info. John413_5302873
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Once the nut is removed, the fan blade should simply pull off, see attached page.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.