Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Why can't I buy a snack shelf frame and slide out shelf

Customer Question

Why can't I buy a snack shelf frame and slide out shelf frame [without the glass which I have intact from both] for my Whirlpool refrigerator model #ED5LHAXWS00. On the Whirlpool Parts internet pages, they sell the snack shelf frame WITH GLASS for $81.58 and/or THE GLASS for $68.03, but they won't sell either frame by itself even though the glass just sits on top. It makes no sense, either part couldn't cost more than $20. The bot***** *****ne is I am not going to pay over $160 for two $20 parts.
And when it comes to replacing the refrigerator, I'll will remember this and look for others!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

We are not associated with Whirlpool, I am not sure if you understood this or not. However, I can help. The parts are indeed sold only as an assembly. You can locate used parts on eBay and save some money as an alternative, or the company below has a tremendous inventory of used appliance parts and may have the frame to sell by itself.

Good Stuff

(###) ###-####/p>(###) ###-####/p>