John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

My G590SC won't start. Did a cycle yesterday and no

Customer Question

my G590SC won't start. Did a cycle yesterday and no problems. Put load in this morning and seems like no power. Checked house breakers and made sure that door was closing properly but won't start. Almost like no power (is it a switch in door?) or
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: That's a Miele Turbothermic G 590SC. A few years ago replaced the drain hose b/c clogged with soap but other than that no problems.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

There is a door safety switch that closes, when the door is closed. While listening carefully for a clicking noise, open and close the door. If there's no clicking sound, the door switch needs to be replaced. Please let me know, if you need more help.

Using the expert's rating scale, found at the top of your screen, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.