Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Brand new GE dishwasher with no flood float does not fill

Customer Question

Brand new GE dishwasher with no flood float does not fill with water
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: water is on and it did function the first and second run. but the front door leaked on the second run pretty bad
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: see above
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

There is likely a sensor in the bottom that has caused the control to go into a flood mode and now it will not fill. Given that it leaked and that it is now not functioning, I would call for warranty repair. However, if you prefer to repair it yourself, I am, of course, happy to help with that!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.