Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My washer doesn't start : It's a Frigidaire front washer on

Customer Question

my washer doesn't start
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It's a Frigidaire front washer on the council pause button blink light and it doesn't let me to start the load
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your washer today. Alright, lets see what error code you're getting if you are getting one. Press and hold the Start AND Pause/Cancel buttons simultaneously and all LED's should go blank. After a few seconds, the control will signal the stored code using beeps and lights. As long as the Start and Pause/Cancel buttons are pressed, this error will continue to be displayed.

Also can I get the full model number to better assist you? It should be located on a sticker just inside the door way.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Frfw3700lw0
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It Beep's and lights are flashing
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

In the models that DO NOT have a digital readout display the failure code is signaled by the five indicator lights flashing Door Lock, Wash, Rinse, Final Spin, and Control. These five lights will flash the number of times for the first number after the 'E'. The Start indicator light will also flash the number of times for the second number after the 'E'.
To stop the beeping and flashing these errors can cause, select the Pause/Cancel button. Example - If the five indicator lights flash twice (2) and the start indicator light flashes four (4) times, the error code would be E24.

Can you tell me what error your'e getting?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It beeps 9 times
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Sorry, the beeping doesn't really help, it's the flashing. Can you watch the lights flashing? The 5 lights should flash together a certain amount of times, then the start light will flash on it's own a different amount of times. Can you tell me how much each set is flashing?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's flashing 9 times and the start doesn't flash
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

OK perfect I just wanted to make sure that was accurate. The only thing that can really cause this error is the front display control board. Try to unplug the washer for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work then below is a link to the control board you'd need to order and replace to resolve the issue.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.