John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

Our fridge side is beeping and saying temp but the freezer

Customer Question

Our fridge side is beeping and saying Hi temp but the freezer side seems fine. We woke up to it like this. Not sure what to do.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Will you please send me the model number, so I can find the information I need to assist you? Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
phs69ehss3
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Thank you. Is the air fan running? Is the fridge keeping items cool?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
there is some cool air coming out in back of fridge but items in it are sweating and it keeps beeping saying HI temp
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

The heat sensing thermistor has failed, and needs to be replaced. Its part number is(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $27.90. You can buy it at www.repairclinic.com, where there's a instruction video available.

Using the expert's rating scale, found at the top of your screen, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I had entered my info into that site and it says it can be one of several causes. Why do you think it is this particular one?
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Cool air is entering the fridge compartment, but the heat sensor is not sending the proper signal to the control board.