John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

In a hurry to get out the door, thinking the dryer was the

Customer Question

In a hurry to get out the door, thinking the dryer was the washer I poured diluted laundry detergent into the Frigidaire dryer with two small items of clothes in it. On returning home after the dryer had run its cycle, I found it full of wet lint and the surfaces of the dryer had turned light blue. How should I clean the dryer and what else should I do?
Submitted: 4 months ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Clean all the areas with white vinegar and water solution and let it dry. Clean any remaining residue with a spray solution of bleach and water. Lint will always get by the filter and collect inside the dryer. If it gets too thick, use a ShopVac to remove it after removing the rear cover panel.

Using the expert's rating scale, found at the too of your screen, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.