John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I HAVE A MAYTAG TOP LOAD WASHER M/N PAV2300AWW SERIES 12.TO

Customer Question

I HAVE A MAYTAG TOP LOAD WASHER M/N PAV2300AWW SERIES 12.I AM TRYING TO REMOVE THE INNER AND OUTER TUBS. i HAVE THE AGITATOR REMOVED, THE TOP COVER SHIELD AND THE 4 BOLTS AROUND THE CENTER HUB WHERE TRANSMISSION SHAFT POKES THRU INTO TUB AREA. ARE ALSO REMOVED.THIS IS AS FAR AS I'VE BEEN ABLE TO GET. I SEE NO OTHER ATTACHMENTS BUT INNER TUB WILL NOT COME OUT. WHAT DO I DO NEXT. I AM REMOVING TUBS TRYING TO FIND A WATER LEAK AND TO CLEAN ALL THE CRUD OUT THAT HAS BUILT UP IN BETWEEN THE TUBS. ALSO I'M TOLD THERE IS SUPPOSE TO BE A PLASTIC NUT ON TRANSMISSION SHAFT BUT IT IS NOT THERE.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

WOULD YOU LIKE THE SERVICE MANUAL TO SHOW YOU EVERYTHING WITH PICS?