Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My fisher and paykel 5.5 smart drive washing machine wont

Customer Question

Hi,my fisher and paykel 5.5 smart drive washing machine wont completes all the wash and rinse cycles but wont go any further.The spin light goes on but i just get a humming sound,eventually my machines turns off by itself......any suggestions how i can get the spin cycle to go?
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Ive clicked the arrow several times,the box just drops down!
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: We'll go with what ive written for now...he can ask me what he needs to know.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Is it pumping out all the water?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no its not,still full with water.

Yes the humming you are hearing is the pump, the pump may be bad or blocked. You need to manually drain the unit then remove the pump and check it for blockages. Here is a video so you can see how to get the pump out then check the impeller for blockages.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!