Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

When i initially set the temp and turn on my oven the gas

Customer Question

when i initially set the temp and turn on my oven the gas will not turn on but does on the second time around ignites and runs properly could this be a problem with the thermostat
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Can you get me the complete model number off the unit.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
SP PN W10204506A / W10196153B

That is not the model, you need to check the tag on the frame of the unit. It should start with letters and be on the frame edge when you pull the drawer open.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
sorry about the wait I had some things to take care of the MODEL #XF G374LVS SER #RY3417862
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My phone is(###) ###-####

You need to replace the ignitor part #16 at this link. They get dirty and corroded and then the unit will not always light even though you hear the tic tic, tic tic noise.

CLICK HERE FOR PART #16

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!