Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Kenmore Elite dishwasher 665.12783K310 Cycles will not

Customer Question

Kenmore Elite dishwasher 665.12783K310
Cycles will not advance. We start a wash cycle, and it appears to be working as we can hear it filling, then the LED lights flash, and the washer will not advance to the next cycle. It only runs for a couple of minutes when this happens, and it happens in all cycles. We have replaced the control board. The first time we tried to run it on quick wash after replacing the board and it worked, but the second try we got the same problem we had before we replaced the board. We have cleaned the filter and the pump works when we hit the drain button once.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

What lights falsh and how many flashes between pauses?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Kenmore Elite dishwasher...
Kenmore Elite dishwasher 665.12783K310
Cycles will not advance. We start a wash cycle, and it appears to be working as we can hear it filling, then the LED lights flash, and the washer will not advance to the next cycle. It only runs for a couple of minutes when this happens, and it happens in allcycles. We have replaced the control board. The first time we tried to run it on quick wash after replacing the board and it worked, but the second try we got the same problem we had before we replaced the board. We have cleaned the filter and the pump works when we hit the drain button once.
17 June 2016 9:48am hi Kelly, I asked this question before but I did not see your reply. It came in on my Android tablet. Completely my fault. I just started the dishwasher again on normal cycle and it seems to be running now. I will let it run through the cycle and when it stops I will try to put some dishes in and run it again. If it does not run all the way through the cycle I will let you know and we can go from there. Does that sound okay? Been washing dishes by hand since this thing cratered on me.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Kelly, wash cycle did not complete. The wash light for normal wash is still on, the start resume light is blinking, and I have on the LED screen WASHING with four vertical bars blinking.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Is there a pattern to the blinking? How many blinks between pauses?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No it just keeps blinking. I did not catch it right away when the unit stop running.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

1. To invoke the diagnostics cycle, perform the following key presses while in standby.

• Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses.

• The Service Diagnostic Cycle will start when the door is closed

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay, if I have this right it blinks 6 times then stops then blinks 2 times and stops then comes back and blinks 6 times.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Repeating the 6-2 cycle?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
3 times.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

That means there is an issue with the water valve circuit, see the attached page. The fact that it worked one time then stopped would lead me to believe the issue is with the water valve but that it has now opened the fuse on the board, too. Do you have a meter to test with?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

The attached pages will show how to test the fill circuit.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Well hell. This looks like at least A 3 beer job. Thanks a lot I'll get on it later on today.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Yeah, it is not easy! I suspect there is going to be an issue with the wiring or valve that is damaging the control.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for offering but I downloaded one the other day. I was having a hard time figuring out how to read the codes. But you answered that question for me. Thank you so much I'll certainly let you know how this turns out.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Kelly, on page 5-8 test procedure #11 it says "Check for AC voltage from the control. Start the diagnostic cycle and at the proper interval measure for AC out of the control between P6-4 to P6-6 using a voltmeter set to AC." Can you tell me what they mean by "proper interval?"
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

During the diagnostic cycle, it will energize various components, test when the valve should be energized.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks everything so far has checked out ok. have to check open fuse after this and if not that i have to replace the control board again.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

I am not fond of all the electronics used in appliances....

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have the manual but I don't know where to find the "fuse service & diagnostic checks on page 1 [ next to meter check diagram].As stated at 6-2 service error codes page 4-9.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

See 5-8 for the strip circuit, the fuse is on the board. If it fills it is not open, though.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It fills and sprays but just doesn't finish a cycle. I'm going out to eat.If you have any ideas let me know. I checked the other stuff on the list for 6-2.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Sounds like a faulty board to me.