Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Have a very old Low Cooking Center. I would like to replace

Customer Question

Have a very old Hi-Low Cooking Center. I would like to replace it since it was built-in to my 1955 home. Is it still made and if so where can I get one?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: So many things have broken over the years. The clock timer was disconnected long ago. One of the side panels in the upper oven is coming lose. The thermostat on the large burner does not work.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The model number is :JHP56GN I would really like to get a new or reconditioned one if available.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

There are no comparable units being made so new is not an option. Most used shops don't recondition them because they are designed for such a small and very specialized market. The best option would be to contact a local servicer for a bid to recondition the one you have but you can expect a long time frame and fairly large bill. What is your zip code, I can see what servicers are in your area?