Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Older GE profile 30 inch down draft gas cooktop. When you

Customer Question

Older GE profile 30 inch down draft gas cooktop. When you try to light a burner the gas does not come on. If you keep trying to light different burners eventually the gas will come on and the burner you want can be lite.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Thank you! Do all of the burners light well and fast with a match?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Are the flames of normal size when they finally get lit or very small?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

So, even with a match, it takes a long time to light each burner?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The match doesn't work because there is no gas.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

So if it affects all of the burners, it has to be an issue with the regulator or the gas supply I suspect the regulator will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!