John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

My Dacor gas stove started to have very gh flames. It used

Customer Question

My Dacor gas stove started to have very high flames. It used to be just blue flames but now it turned into orange flames at the tips, and it is dangerous to cook with it. Any idea how to fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

It's not dangerous to use, but the flames will soot up your cooking utensils. Before considering parts replacement, inspect the burner throats for an accumulation of lint, which blocks the air flow to the burners. Vacuum any you find. If anything else is wrong, it will be necessary for me to have the model number and type of gas you use.

Using the expert's rating scale, found at the top of your screen, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, until you rate my service. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.