Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I put the control on and now it will not unlock : stove is a

Customer Question

i put the control on and now it will not unlock
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: stove is a convection oven with warmer in bottom drawer
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no i have owned the stove for 4 years but have never used the control lock
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Good morning! My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your oven today. Do you happen to have a full model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
YKERS308XS0 IF I HOLD THE CONTROL LOCK BUTTON IT DOES NOT BEEP YET ANY OTHER BUTTON ON STOVE WILL BEEP IF THAT HELPS YOU
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

hmm, alright. Try to unplug the oven to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work and you press and hold the control lock button and it won't unlock, then your control board just came faulty. Hopefully you can return it and get a new one because it just came defective it sounds like.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did not speak to anyone by telephone yet I was charged please credit by credit card the 32.00
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

I apologize, I didn't see a phone request but I'm not really sure I could tell you anything else by phone either. I'll have them refund the phone request.