Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Samsung rs267labp refrigerator has made lots of noise

Customer Question

samsung rs267labp refrigerator has made lots of noise --increasingly over last month. researched found that frost tends to build up around fan. took it apart, defrosted and it worked fine for a week or so. yesterday fan stopped... which means refrigerator is only 59 degrees. freezer works fine. is the fan in front of coils worth fixing ....or something else also acting up ?
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8-Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: can i fix it myself and if so where do I get part ?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good evening! My name is ***** ***** I can help you with your issue today. As for the fan itself, that would definitely be worth fixing if you just need to replace the fan. The frost build up could have caused the motor to overwork which can cause it to fail but just so are definitely checking the fan correctly, it only runs if the door is shut. So make sure you shut the door for 30 seconds and then open the door quickly to see if the fan is running. If not, then below is a link to the fan motor inside the refrigerator you'd need to order for your model number. The fan motor is only about $58.

CLICK HERE for fan motor

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.