Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We have a Jennair gas stove top. The burners all work, but

Customer Question

We have a Jennair gas stove top. The burners all work, but all of a sudden the clicking sound wont stop. Is that dangerous? What do we need to do to make the noise stop?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: As per prior text message, Jennair gas cooktop ignitor continues to make noise even after burners are off. Not sure what it means.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Nlo
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good evening. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your cooktop. I apologize about the delay. The only thing to stop the clicking for now is to just unplug the cooktop or flip the circuit breaker off to the unit. When the cooktop won't stop clicking, it means that one of your burner switch is stuck closed. Now normally this happens because water or some other liquid works it's way under the burner knobs and onto the the spark switch so if you think moisture may be causing this issue, just leave the unit unplugged for 24 hours and let it dry out. When you re-apply power if it stops clicking you should be good to go again. If it starts clicking right away again, then one of your spark switches behind/under one of your burner knobs has failed and would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.