Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

All the lights on my maytag neptune dryer control panel

Customer Question

all the lights on my maytag neptune dryer control panel comes on but will not work and dryer will not start
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Good evening. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dryer today. Do you have a model number located on a sticker just inside the door so I can better assist you? And can you explain what you mean by "all the lights on my maytag neptune dryer control panel comes on but will not work"? Do none of the buttons respond? All the lights over every button is illuminated? Is the display showing 88?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the control buttons light are on the start pause button keeps blinking but will not respond to your touch it happen before and then it would work model mde6800ayw
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the display does not show 88 the function setting buttons i means
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

OK if everything acts normal but your start button isn't working---either the touch control panel has failed or the door switch has failed. If the door switch is bad, then when you pressed the start button it will beep back at you. If it's not beeping, the entire touch control panel would need to be replaced.