Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Samsung ref model RF 263 BEAESR/aa that had a power

Customer Question

Hi I have a Samsung ref model RF 263 BEAESR/aa that had a power surge. Replaced the power board, ctl board and evaporator fan motor. Everything working except the fan motor. I have 8 v & 2.4 v to grey wire on ctl Pc board that feeds the fan motor. What ma be causing the fan not to work? Didn't check voltage at the fan as yet.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.

Try to move the fan blade manually. If it's difficult to rotate it, use oil to lubricate the motor shaft bushings. If it turns easily, check to wire connections with an ohm meter for some continuity. Replace the fan motor, if there's an open circuit across the wire terminals.

Using the expert's rating scale, found at the top of your screen, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my answer. I'm not paid, until you rate my service. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The motor was tested and is okay but was replaced anyway, so were both of the boards. The power board was damaged but the control board still works but was replaced. A wiring with voltages for the fan motor along with any diagnostic test via touch panel would help. There is no voltage at the motor.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Instructions, Diagram etc. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.

Please type the words "263BEAESR/AA WIRING DIAGRAM" into your search engine, and choose from among the websites offered for the most suitable wiring diagram.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
As was said originally when I made the request, the motor was replaced so the answer is irrelevant, the request for wiring or other pertinent information for this model is still not forthcoming. I will send for a repair manual as I can't seem to get any professional help on this fro this site. I am a tech myself and was hoping for something more helpful, my customer wanted a speedy reply but after my account was billed for $28 only then was it clear that it may take as long as 24 hrs to get an answer that may not even fix the problem. As of now we are very disappointed and dissatisfied.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Would you still like some help?