Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I need the instructions on how to install the glass top on a

Customer Question

I need the instructions on how to install the glass top on a Jenair Model JGS9900, serial W10430903. I ordered a new one and need to install it.
Tank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your stove today. First, this replacement is really a lot of work I'm going to warn you up front. I looked under the service documents to see if there was a service manual for replacing the glass top but there is not I'm afraid so I'll explain the procedure. First, the entire oven will need to be unplug and pull out of the cabinet in order to access all the sides around it. Remove the burner grates and burner caps. Pull all the knobs straight forward and off. Now remove the screws going down through each burner base. Open the oven door and remove all the screws going up into the control panel from the bottom. Next, remove the screws behind each knob that you previously removed. Remove the screws coming in from the sides and pull the control panel off. Disconnect it and set it to the side. You may want to take a picture of the wires that you disconnect so you don't confuse where they go when you put it back together. Either way, remove the screws going into the cooktop behind the control panel as well as just below the cooktop all the way around and inside the downdraft vent in the center of the cooktop. The top will then lift up and off for replacement.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.