Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I just bought a used whirlpool Cabrini platinum washer and

Customer Question

I just bought a used whirlpool Cabrini platinum washer and when I start it I hear a humming but no water is coming out. What's wrong? Model number WTW8500BW0
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

See if the humming is coming from back where the water supply hoses connect to the back of the washer. If so, then turn the washer off and turn the water off. Disconnect the fill hoses and make sure the screens inside the receptacles on the back of the washer aren't plugged with debris---clean them out if needed. If that all checks good and you're sure the washer is getting water from your house, either the electronic water valve assembly has failed and needs to be replaced because it's not opening but is getting power (we know it's getting power if it's humming), or you're using flood safe hoses which will stop water flow on these washers because they draw water to quickly. If you're using flood safe hoses, then try using regular rubber hoses and if you still have problems, replace part number W10853723 which is the valve that your water supply hoses connect to on the washer itself.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.